I often get asked for my hottest tips on how to have great looking skin. While there isn’t one single magic step that creates fabulous skin …major bummer right?!….there are 5 steps that will greatly improve the look of your skin!
If you implement these following steps on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, your skin is sure to not only improve but prevent further aging to occur. Buuttt remember, as with anything consistency is key.
Get ready, grab a notepad, jot these simple yet effective tips down and get started. Happy youthfulness!
- Be militant about a skincare regimen that you use daily – This doesn’t need to be 15 different products, but it does need to be the effective products and products that are RIGHT for YOUR skin. If you’re a newbie to the skincare game, I recommend starting with 4 core products which would include a cleanser, serum, moisturizer and SPF. If you are a seasoned vet to a daily regimen, make sure you have products that are targeting your concerns. As I said before, consistency is ALWAYS key!
- H20. yep I said water! Sounds cliché or like you’ve heard it a million times. It’s true, Drinking a big amount of water will help your skin glow. Not only does it hydrate the skin it also helps flush out toxins and has a direct relation to oil production and how oil moves through the skin properly. When the oily can move properly from deep within the skin it can get to the surface and do its job of lubricating the skin. This equals healthy, supple, glowing skin!! It’s recommended to drink half of your body weight in ounces.
- Get an Esthetican! Estheticans have been extensively trained in all things skin. They are like personal trainers for the skin, they are your guidance when it comes to anti-aging. Professional treatments can work a little deeper and specifically target concerns. Seeing them every 4-8 weeks for pro treatments will boost your anti-aging results. That’s what we all want right….RESULTS.
- Put down the junk food! I know that’s not what you want to hear, but the gut is directly related to your skin. without good gut health you cannot have good skin health. Ready for another fact? Sugar causes glycation, glycation is a specific type of wrinkling where collagen gets broken down by sugars and causes extreme amounts of wrinkleing. I don’t care what type of wrinkle it is I don’t want it, I’m positive about that!!
- Move and smile! Yes, ya got that right! movement helps clear toxins from the body but moreover it creates endorphins. Endorphins raise your mood. When you smile often you just cant help but be happy. A smiling face is one of the most youthful looks you can wear!
Share This Post
About the Author
As a Master Esthetician and Master HydraFacialist with over 20 years of experience helping clients with their skincare challenges, Jamie’s one-on-one esthetician services are in high demand. She continues to work with countless clients who rely on her expertise.
Let’s Achieve Your Skin Goals
Master Esthetician, Jamie Egan, provides custom cosmetic treatments to local clients and advanced skincare products to discerning clients near and far. Schedule or shop the POLISHED skincare line today!